Friday, March 5, 2010

A letter to my unborn son, Leonardo

The moment we decided to conceive I had all this expectations from what would be like to be not only pregnant but to have a child. I wondered how my life and love would change, and was very excited to see how this journey will change me as a person.

Let me tell you son, the moment I knew I was carrying you I had my doubts, I was scared but excited at the same time. I didn't know how to feel. I couldn't believe a baby was growing inside of me. A baby that will show the world how much your dad and mom love each other. We love each other so much that it made sense to expand and share our love with you.

When we had our 1st ultrasound and we got to hear your little heart beat your father and I looked at each other with tears in our eyes and hold hands. We didn't say much, we didn't had to, we were so proud that YOU chose for us to be your guardian angels. We were honored that YOU wanted to be part of our love, and we were moved to see that YOU will fill our lives with happiness and unconditional love.

As this pregnancy has gone by and my body and hormones have changed, I must say sometimes I felt challenged. It's been a roller coaster of emotions. Not only accepting my new body but trying to control the constant crying, that was the hardest part! haha I am sure you felt every bit of emotions and I hope this brought you closer to me.

The moment they told me you were a boy, I was in shock! I don't know why I thought I was having a baby girl. That moment of shock and confusion went away as soon as I took a sight of your fathers eyes. His eyes were wide big, full of light and hope when he knew his 1st was going to be a Son. He was so proud to know he was going to be able to show his son everything that he knows. And I was so happy to know you will learn to become the great man that he is today. I can't wait for him to share with you his passion for boats, sea, sports, poker and other little things that you will get to do with him. Life will be a blessing that I will get to witness it all.

Your due date is coming soon. I am very scared of being a mom I must say. I want to be the best I can for you. I can't promise you I will be perfect, I know I will make many mistakes but I hope you understand that everything I will do for and to you will be from loving you. I don't know what you expect from me, so I hope to not disappoint you. I can only promise you that I will try to always make the best decision for you.

I've imagined how you look like, and I know you will be a beautiful baby. Every kick you give me, I know that is you saying "Hi Mom, I love you" that brings always a smile to my face. And even though I don't know you yet, I already love you with all my heart.

I can't wait for the day that we will meet. I can't wait for the day that I will be able to touch you, kiss you and finally look into your eyes and tell you I love you. You have changed me to be a better person, a better woman and I can't imagine how much more I will change once you are in my arms. Did I ever knew I would change so much through this process? no... I know you chose me before I even consider taking this journey, I know this!, cause you know you were the only one that would be able to change me and the only one that will make me strong enough to go through this.

Thank you Leonardo for letting me in your life, thank you for showing me what pure, peaceful love is, thank you for making me love your father even more and thank you for making me a woman, before you I was just a girl. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment